Friday 16 November 2012

☆.D.I.Y Ankara Skirt & OOTN + Ankara Styles.☆

Heyaa guys,

So I'm back with another ankara D.I.Y woop woop! First of all let me once again state that I am far from an expert, I do not use a pattern and pretty much go with the flow!
At first I wanted to create a maxi skirt with the fabric but it didn't look how I imagined it so I later cut it and made it a midi skirt. So lets get to it shall we =]

What I Used:
+ Sewing Machine
+Tailors Chalk
+Ankara fabric
+Elastic


Heres how I did it

Step 1:
First I made sure the fabric I wanted to use was folded, then using tailors chalk I traced around a skirt I had. Here I use a maxi skirt because I wanted to make a maxi skirt to begin with but changed my mind towards the end.


I drew straight down rather than diagonally


Once I was done this is what I ended up with, a big rectangle ( sorry I didn't take a picture once it was cut out)

Step 2:
I then pinned the wrong sides of the fabric together ready to sew.

Step 3:
I then sewed along the length of one side of the skirt

Step 4:
I then hemmed the top of the waist by 1inch all the way round ready to sew and add elastic.

To keep it down I gently pressed along the folded fabric with an iron all the way round

Step 5:
I then tacked it and sewed along the edge but not all the way to the end


Step 6:
After measuring the elastic around my waist (pulling it to achieve the tightness I wanted) I added a safety pin to the and and pulled it through the hemmed waist.



Step 7:
Once that was done I sewed a box stitch to keep both ends securely together. 

Step 8
Finally I cut the skirt to my desired length, sewed the other side and then hemmed the bottom

And the RESULTS!



I also made a quick custom bag to go with this outfit. The bag was from Primark



White top: Forever21
Cardigan: H&M
Belt: Primark
Bag: Primark
Bangles: FloGlo Stylez.
Earrings: FloGlo Stylez.







My mum wanted to join in on the photoshoot aswell lol



Some of the HOTTT ankara styles I spotted at the party we attended, these girls were working it!!!









For my ankara style ideas be sure to check out my tumblr 




Until next time guys...Peace & God bless





16 comments:

  1. Folaaaa you look like a hotcake... Forreal Ohh and Aunty aswelll
    Awwwww Hot Hot hot
    Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esther me luuv!!! Hehe tenks sis! =] *Blushes* xx

      Delete
  2. wow you've done so well! n u r a spitting image of your mum too! nice! but u didnt show how you did the clutch and earrings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lol, yea i get that a lot! Ahh the earrings and bangles were from the company in the description. Im sorry, I just used mod podge glue and glued the fabric to the flap of the bag and left it to dry. Hope this helps =] x

      Delete
  3. I love this great post i wish i could sew like you
    thecloudgalaxy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww yay thanks girl, you can! Its just the basic skills you need :)

      Delete
  4. OMG!!! you are really good. I love the clutch and earrings. Great job!!! Your mum is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHH :D *blushes* thank you soo much! x x

      Delete
  5. No only did you make a great outfit but you have the eye for design to do the bracelet and earrings to match! Hot!
    And your Mom looked the bomb too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe wow thank you! Aww I will pass on the message to her =] x

      Delete
  6. Amazzzzzingg! I'm jealous..I so want that clutch and earrings..Hot..well dne hun..you look smashy btw :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. a great DIY; i really need to put my sewing machine to good use!!

    you look lovely x

    www.thatgoodgirlchi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. really creative xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are an online adult toys shop which knows exactly the needs of our adult customers. Every product that we are offering at ours particularly selected to bring more fun and enjoyment to our customers.adult toys

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...