Tuesday 27 November 2012

☆.Cooking - 'Extra Sticky Finger Honey Glazed Chicken' & Cous Cous.


So if you follow me on Instagram you'd know that one of my favorite things to do is cook! Aside from making things I love creating different kinds of foods and coming up with random recipes. Here I bring you my 'Extra Sticky Finger Honey Glazed Chicken' (long name I know lol) with Cous Cous Lets get straight to it shall we =].

Ingredients:
Chicken
Honey
Lemon Juice (Optional)
Onions
Cous Cous
Green Beans
Carrots
Coconut Milk
Ginger paste (or fresh ginger)
Garlic paste (or garlic clove)
Seasoning of your choice ( I used: chicken seasoning, chili powder, paprika, curry powder, barbecue seasoning)




Chicken Recipe:
  • Boil your chicken with onions and your desired seasoning for approximately 20 minutes or till the chicken is cooked (but not soft) DO NOT THROW STOCK AWAY
  • In a bowl mix together honey, pepper, chicken seasoning and lemon juice (optional).
  • Add cooked chicken to heated & oiled frying pan then leave for 5 minutes (or until chicken starts to brown)
  • Pour the honey mixture over the chicken and cover with lid
  • When the honey mixture starts to caramelise with a 'gloopy' feel then you know its ready...

Cous Cous Recipe

  • In a small bowl pour boiling water over your cous cous grains (just enough to cover it)
  • Place a lid or plate over the bowl to stop any steam from escaping and leave for 10 minutes
  • Whilst Cous Cous is steaming add garlic paste, ginger paste and onions to a pan
  • Next add your green beans and carrots along with your seasoning (curry powder, paprika) and leave for 5 minutes
  • Then you want to add your stock used to boil the chicken and cover for about 10minutes
  • Add your coconut milk and leave for a further 10 minutes
  • By this time the Cous Cous grains should have absorbed all the water. If its not soft enough you can add a bit more boiling water and allow to steam
  • Once the Cous Cous grains are done using a spoon gently fluff it and mix into the sauce

and you are DONE! =]


Until next time guys...Peace & God Bless.

10 comments:

  1. This looks so good I cook alot too I am on the culinary Club at school. I don't really post a lot of my creations on my blog thought because its more of a fashion blog.... Might change it up a bit
    thecloudgalaxy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea you should go for it, although my blog is more random lol

      Delete
  2. Yesssssssssssssssss I am going to try this out!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaay! Glad you found it! Was meant to message you hehehe. Its no problem at all =] x

      Delete
  3. This looks de-licious! You've found a way to actually make cous-cous have some taste :) Will deffo be trying this out. More cooking blog posts pls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! Yes i've been tryna find a way to make cous-cous appealing and after some trial and error I finally came up with this recipe. Yay glad you like it, there will defo be more in the future =] x

      Delete
  4. Girl it's like you know me lol. Love honey glazed chicken and that whole dish looks yum!

    onecurator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! this sounds so yummy.. i pinned this on my pinterest! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...